Friday, February 26, 2010

C. F. Chase: Keep the Goverment Out of It

This posted to smartgrid@ostp.gov by C. F. Chase

As a tax-paying CITIZEN and resident of the United States of America, I am adamantly opposed to ANY use of tax payer funds in the development of the so-called "smart grid." This scheme is far more about "Orwellian" government control and micro-management of its citizenry than it is about energy efficiency.

As a consumer of electricity I own all of the data related to that consumption and I REFUSE to allow any outside third-party access to my usage data. Moreover, the various ways in which I consume electricity is MY BUSINESS and I will never cede control to some nefarious, globalist government such as this criminal Obama administration who would seek to control MY thermostat, etc.

I will NEVER purchase a so-called "smart" grid compatible appliance even if the result is a higher utility bill. I will use any means necessary to preserve my PRIVACY and FREEDOM and to resist the tentacles of government intrusion into yet another aspect of my life. THIS TYRANNY IS UNACCEPTABLE! Respectfully submitted,

C. F. Chase

No comments: